Sunday, June 16, 2013

On the Other Side of the Spectrum

                   O.k., so I know that I had said I wouldn't post today, but I just had to write about this.  I decided to take my father out for lunch to celebrate him having such an all around amazing daughter!  We make the 10 mile trek over to the next town to eat at this diner that serves breakfast all day, we'll call it UJUMP.  Apparently, everyone else had the same idea of where to take the father's in their lives as I had. , because the place was packed to the fucking gills.  It is a seat yourself kind of place, so we  found a table that just needed wiped off, sat down, and started perusing the menu.  I figured it out pretty quit and spent the rest of the time watching those poor servers.  They were running themselves to death.  It was odd being on the other side of the menu and not being the one running myself to death for a change.  The girl eventually got over to us, wiped off the table, and got our drink and food order.  I had cheese sticks, 3 strips of bacon, 3 eggs over medium, 3 pieces of toast, a mountain of hash browns, a bowl of oatmeal, and a sweet tea to wash it down with.  It was a platter sent from God himself!!  Of course, I over compensated, ate fast, asked for very little, and over tipped (30%), but I had empathy for those poor servers.  I know how big of douche bombs people can be on holidays like that.  They go ape shit if one little thing isn't as perfect as they had imagined it being for "Dad" on his special day.  In the end my dad was happy, the server was happy, and I was absolutely happy as I waddled, bloated, back out to the car.  Life was good, but it's back to work tomorrow with another post from me after I finish my shift.

No comments:

Post a Comment