Friday, July 19, 2013

One of Those Days

                         Everyone has had one of those days.  I feel like working in the service industry, those type of days are unbelievably frequent.  I've just gotten home from work, and I'm ashamed to admit. I find myself full of rage.  I feel as if I'm about to blow my top in a Mt. St. Helens style explosion.  I really try not to bring work home with me.  It's not goo for my kids, my husband, or myself.  It's just so hard sometimes.  That is the reason why I started this blog.  My husband says he can tell a major difference.  Before I had this blog as an outlet before my frustrations, I would come home steaming from a bad day.  I would be snappy and irritable.  Not anymore.  I can come home from work, shut myself in my bedroom, and type it out.  It's as if all my anger and frustrations just flow out of my fingertips and plaster themselves onto this blog in a tangled mess of poor writing and vulgarities.

                          What has my panties in a bunch today is this bitch that came in right before I was about to leave.  She was part of my last table of the day.  I was already somewhat aggravated with me being tired because it was my last day of the week.  Plus it seemed like every table I had with children spilled whole glasses of soda.  There was at least 4 little brats that caused me to get a mop and wet floor sign.  After working all week, all I wanted to do was get home and relax.  Right before evening shift came in, this god damned bitch showed up.  I had to wait on her.

                      She's not just a random bitch.  Her sister waited tables at Pizza Place.  The owner suspected the sister of stealing because her cash drawer was always short.  The sister was about to be fired, but I guess she got wind of it and quit before they could shit can her.  Every time this bitch comes in, she makes a bunch of demands of things she knows we're not allowed to let her have.  That way when her server tells her, "I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to do that.", she can get red faced, scream, and occasionally yell profanities at the server.  She's also known to want to speak to Lazylardass to let him know her server was very rude.  That way she can try to get free shit or get the server in trouble.  There's already a few servers who are not allowed to wait on her because of her complaints.  I think they are the lucky ones.  I don't know why she's so bitter.  It wasn't even her who was going to be fired, it was her sister.  Plus, it was over a year ago.  Get the fuck over it already.

                        When she came in today, she wanted the pick up and delivery only special.  There's only one problem with that.  She was eating in the dining room and the special is for PICK UP AND DELIVERY ONLY.  I told her I was sorry, but I wasn't allowed to let her have that in the dining room.  Her face started turning red, but she said "FINE!"  She ordered a pizza and a salad for her and her two dining companions to share.  Then she said she wanted a 2-liter of soda for them to share.  2-liters are also for pick up and delivery only.  Personally, I could not give a fuck less if she sits the the dining room, drinks 3 2-liters then buys an extra two to shove up her ass.  The boss, however, does care.  He says it's not allowed, so I'm going to do what he says.  I only have to listen to you bitch for an hour tops, but I have to work all day with him.  I told her, "I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to sell 2-liters in the dining room either."  From the way she acted, you would have thought I had insulted her first born.  Her face got even more red, her eyes narrowed, and  her head spun around.  "Are you fucking kidding me?  That's so stupid.  This place is fucking ridiculous!", she screeched.  "I'm sorry, ma'am, but I can sell you a pitcher of soda instead.", I replied, trying to remain calm.  "Well, no, why the hell would you think I'd want that?  I guess I'll just have a water.", she said, her voice getting whinier and whiner with each word.  At that point, I just wanted to get away from her before I wrapped my hands around her throat and squeezed with all my might.  I got their drinks, took their food out when it was ready, did my check back, got refills, then took them boxes and the check when I figured they would probably be finished.  I did the bare minimum.  As an insult, when I went to clean the table, she had left two pennies.  What she doesn't know is that my kids love when I bring change home for them to put in their piggy banks.  So, she inadvertently helped me make my kids happy.  The joke is on her.  I was secretly hoping she would complain on me so that Lazylardass would tell me I wasn't allowed to wait on her anymore either.  Of course she didn't, so it looks like I'm still going to be one of the only ones that gets stuck with her.  It really feels like I'm being punished for not getting a complaint about being rude to a customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment