Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Reap What You've Sown

                                    May I just start by saying, "I told you so!!!! I told you so!!!! I'm right and he was wrong. Bwahahaha and Nah Ni Nah Ni Boo Boo."  Okay, now that I got that out of the way, I can tell you all what happened last night.  Obviously, I was very eager when I got to work this morning to start on my 'I told you so's'.  As soon as I walked in, I asked Lazylardass how it went last night.  "With what?" he replied.  Like he didn't know exactly what I was talking about.  Right then, I knew whatever had went on, it was not good.  He was obviously trying to avoid having to admit to me he was wrong and I was right.  I felt myself grinning.  "You know, with the reality show they were filming here last night.", I said trying not to look too eager.  Reluctantly, because he knew I'd find out anyway, he proceeded to tell me everything.


                                  It turns out, Lazylardass hadn't even asked the owners permission to let them film.  He just told them yes without even mentioning it to the people who actually own the business.  The owners son was working last night.  When the film crew and everyone else got there, the owner's son called his dad to tell him about it all.  The owner wasn't happy, but said that since Lazylardass had already told them yes they could go ahead and film.  He made sure to let them know that they were not to film any customers or employees of Pizza Place.  They were all sent back to sit in our meeting room where they could be secluded from everyone else.


                                 Everything started out fine enough.  Pizza Place is extremely family oriented.  Being that we are in the Bible Belt, 'family oriented' means no alcohol.  Because there's no alcohol served, Pizza Place has a clientele of mostly families with small children and the elderly.  From all accounts, everyone from the reality show were being very pleasant, at first.  Then, they started drinking hard liquor that they had smuggled inside via their purses.  After that, all hell broke loose.  They began arguing loudly amongst each other.  Dishes were thrown.  Someone even smashed one of the liquor bottles, leaving shards of glass all over the floor for their poor server to clean up.  It was a mess.  They considered asking them to leave, but didn't because that would have made more drama for their show.  Getting kicked out was probably what they had intended anyway.  Instead, since the cast is all locals, they were discreetly told they were not welcome back , EVER.  Even when the cameras are gone, and their 15 minutes are up, they will not be aloud back on the property of Pizza Place.  Wouldn't that be embarrassing 20 years from now when they're in their 40's and told there's going to be a business luncheon at Pizza Place.  "Well, sir, I can't."  "Why ever not?", asks the boss.  "Well, uh, 20 years ago I was part of a reality show that filmed here one night.  We treated the place like it was a hotel room and we were The Rolling Stones*.  As a result, I have been forever banned from Pizza Place.  That, Sir, is the reason I cannot attend the business luncheon."
(*outdated reference, I know. Charlie Sheen probably would have been more relevant, but I just don't really want to give him any notice. I feel like he's a small child whose bad behavior needs to be ignored to show him that is not the proper way to get attention. )

                                      I just love getting to gloat when I am right and my boss turns out to be so horribly wrong.  This feeling might be better than cake.  Nope, it's not better than cake, but definitely better than pie.  It's not like I'm psychic or anything.  Anyone with half a brain could tell having them there would turn out bad.  The people being filmed are garbage, and reality television in itself is garbage.  How Could it have ever turned out good?  Laztlardass's excuse?  "I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt."  What. A. Moron.

No comments:

Post a Comment